Thursday, August 27, 2009

New-to-me things

My grandma was had me over for dinner and wanted me to look through some boxes of things she was getting rid of to see if I wanted anything. I ended up with quite a few things. I couldn't help it - she happened to have a lot of baking stuff in those boxes! Luckily Keith and I have lots of cabinet space. It's nice to be able to rid my grandma of clutter and gain some fun free stuff!

I did get some new cupcake pot holders that go rather well with the cupcake themed ones & apron that my grandma made for me for Christmas. (The homemade potholders are the pink ones that the new brown ones are on top of in this photo.)


She also gave me some birds and a plant to put out on the balcony. I took the photos at night, so they're not the best, but you get the idea.



We have been rather busy lately. Mostly working. Some social things like Keith's cousin's wedding though!


This weekend we hope to finish up the touch up painting and a few little things. We are having people over on Sunday for the fantasy football draft, so it would be nice to get some things done before then. Too bad we haven't found a dining room table (that is not from Crate & Barrel and is so perfect except in the price department) yet. Some other upcoming purchases for the home: PS3 slim, HD TV (we have yet to decide on plasma or LCD), new TV stand, dining room light, and curtains. When it's listed out like that, it sounds like a lot. Luckily, we have been saving for some of these things for some time now. At work we are all going in on some lotto tickets... so if that works out for me, maybe I WILL be getting that Crate & Barrel table. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment