Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Noms

We tried a new recipe yesterday from a 5 ingredient vegetarian cookbook.  It's a pasta dish where you put roasted red peppers and tofu in a food processor to make the sauce.  This makes it creamy, but full of protein-y goodness!  I have a teeny food processor guy, so I had to put the peppers and tofu in separately and then stir them together. It worked fine, of course, but I might be asking for a bigger processor for Christmas.  It will just make my life a little easier since I have been using it more and more lately. 


Saucey!


Ready to eat.

I had somewhat high hopes, so I was a little disappointed.  It just ended up being a little bland.  (I guess that's what I get for only using 5 ingredients?) So, next time I think I am going to add some more veggies and maybe even just some straight up marinara sauce.  I like the idea... it just needs to be tweaked a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment